View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:59 AM   #13
Julia Howard
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Beware Of Giving Others A Bad Name

I can only second what "Pinehaven" has stated regarding the S.C. Breeder. I have known her for longer than Sue and I can assure you she is a reputable "small" breeder of parti yorkies as well as traditional yorkies. No, I do not breed any of her offspring, but I do know her well and have admired and enjoyed a friendship with her for several years. She and I got started from the same source with our parti yorkies. Thus, we became friends. She has been an excellent friend and mentor when I needed it. I am sure she was concerned about someone not trusting her and asking for a DNA on a dog that hadnt even been purchased . It would definitely be unusual for someone to request this before even placing a deposit on a dog. I have probably unintentionally alienated purchasers in the past by email or by phone and I am sorry if that has occurred, but as conscientous breeders and lovers of this breed, we need to also feel good about where our pups are going. Someone who starts out asking about a DNA instead of trying to get to know the breeder and her line first automatically would alert me with "red flags". You will discover that yorkie breeders are rather "protective" of their babies and to whom they are sold. I am sorry that you lost the privilege of owning one of her pups, but I wish you luck with your Biewer Baby. Just please do not be so quick to defame someone you dont really know well and have only had a few emails.

Julia Howard
Julia Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!