View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
lizzieg
YT 500 Club Member

Present Good Things to Come!

Something amazing is in the works, and I'm so excited about it! The kids, myself, and Khloe have been volunteering at the local elderly communities and retirement homes in the local area, and the coordinator of housing assistance has asked me to take on a project with her. A lot of the people that live in her community have asked her about owning a Yorkie, and unfortunately, only medical response dogs are allowed in the rentals. And in reality, they are needed for most tenants with the overwhelming amount of diabetes sufferers who reside in the properties.

I have teamed up with a medical response trainer who said that Yorkies are easy to successfully train as medical response dogs, found a reputable breeder in the area to work with, and am planning a charity event in the next month to raise the money to purchase the pups that will be available by October. It will take until December to get the dogs certified as 'medical response dogs', but I can not wait to see the smiles on the faces of the people who get their Christmas presents that they won't be anticipating; sweet, medically trained Furbabies to meet their medical and emotional needs. I'm so stoked; I can not wait! Since it is assisted living, they will have someone who will come in and make sure that the person and dog is being looked after properly. And since this isn't a huge community, I will be handling the dog's vet needs and grooming them during our visits as well. I will keep everyone updated; please keep this project in your prayers. I really want to spread and share the joy that we all experience with our Furbabies. (:
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!