View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
Vinniedoggy
YT Addict

Hi there! We are in G'burg. I have two yorkies (Vinnie & Alex). A friend of ours also has a little yorkie (Chelsea) who gets together with our dogs frequently for playdates. Vinnie is ~9 and can be quite the bully. I've had him for over 7 years and while he used to be a very aggressive little guy, he's mellowed out in his old age. We go to the dog park sometimes over near Muddy Branch Rd and he gets along fairly well with the other dogs. Doesn't really like to play, but tolerates them. He's strangely tolerant with puppies and younger dogs.

My other little guy, Alex, just came into our lives a little over a week ago. He's great with my friend's dog and my parents' dogs and he is very playful. He's extremely sweet to people (a bit opposite of Vinnie, but they both get along great).

My friend's yorkie, Chelsea, is an absolute doll. She's not too playful but has really enjoyed spending time with my two little guys. Even when they're not playing together, they just seem to enjoy being around one another. She is a total sweetheart and loves everyone she meets.

Do you frequent any dog parks in the area? I used to go to King Farm's dog park before they restricted it to City of R'ville residents only :-( I really liked it because they had an area specifically for little dogs. Vinnie gets quite fearful around some large dogs. I like the one at Muddy Branch, but it can get a little too wild there sometimes for Vinnie.

So, yes, we would be interested in a play date!! Any ideas for good places? It would be awesome if we could get a group of people with small dogs going for regular playdates.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!