View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
Pinehaven
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzieg View Post
I see you advertise your business through the site, and that you do take pride in Loray's dogs. That is fine; I respect that. Respect the fact that I had a bad experience with her, and no, I did not make it far enough with her to visit her because of the negative interaction that I had with her via email. She did not give me the opportunity to proceed with how I wanted to obtain the DNA; she cut me off with 'No, you need to find another breeder if you do not trust me.' That is unprofessional, and in my opinion, that did raise red flags. I respect her and the breeder business enough to keep what she quoted me on a Parti-Yorkie confidential (as I know prices are subject to change based on several factors), but I like to protect my investments, and Parti-Yorkies are a big investment. I have been around dogs my entire life, and I have never had anyone oppose anything as strongly as she did without hearing me out. I found another reputable breeder, decided against breeding, and decided that I want a Biewer Terrier instead. YT is a place where people can come and voice their experiences and opinions in good taste, and that is exactly what I did. I have the right to share my experiences, and others have the right to know as well. If I was a breeder and treated someone this way, he or she would have the right to go and publicize it anyway they choose to as long as it is true. And everything that I have shared is true. When people initially invest thousands of dollars into a companion, not including vet care, grooming, clothes, toys, training, etc., I think that the breeder should be open to hearing their potential buyers out a little better than that.
Much is lost in email translation, things are misunderstood and tones are often misinterpreted. I feel that a phone call is worth a thousand words especially when involving the purchase of an animal.

I respect the fact that you feel your experience with this breeder was negative, what I don't respect is someone publicly bashing that breeder, telling people "don't buy from this breeder" when that breeder was nothing but be honest with you! I don't respect a person who bases their complaints on their assumptions or hurt feelings. I don't respect a person who comes here and implies that something sketchy is going on or something must be wrong with the pedigrees ... those are your opinions and not the FACTS.

Maybe the breeder saw her own red flags when talking to you? Sorry you felt she was unprofessional towards you but if she has her own negative vibes about you, she has every right to tell you that maybe you needed to find another breeder.

I hope the experience with your Biewer breeder is a more positive one for you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!