View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolafancy Zoe View Post
Thank you so much for responding!!! Zoe was eating chicken, carrots, broccoli, and a mix of cous cous (her favourite), oats and millet. But after the nutritional consultaion with a vet we stopped the grains as he said they really werent needed about a week ago and did the protein and veggies/fruit diet, which she wont eat as she doesn't love the smell of most veggies. She is not much of an egg eater either. I can scramble an egg, mush it till there is no way to pick it out of her food lol and mix it with chicken and a grain and then she will eat it. But other wise she isnt keen on eating most things apart from chicken (which it better not be processed or she wont touch it as we got lunch from subways and decided to get her there "grilled chicken" which isnt really grilled chicken and she wouldnt touch it. she knows the difference). She ate real chicken and some mashed cooked sweet potatoes last night Her first full meal in days.
She has never had much of a dislike toward sweet potatoes or yucca root. In stead of a grain could I stick with these "carbo veggies" instead as the starch?
I will look into getting the bile acid test as I had thought about getting it done from before when she started having problems with the dog food but I never did.

Thanks again!!!
Yes you can!!! I should have said that, sorry! When I homecooked, Bella wasn't really into rice or oatmeal mixed with veggies, etc.., so her nutritionist said to do boiled, mashed sweet potato and/or white potato.

I would definitely do the bile acid...if for no other reason than peace of mind. At least if it's normal, you'll know that she's just being picky and there's not something really seriously wrong, you know?!

Also, if she likes carrots and broccoli but not others, why not just stick with those?? Are you mixing in a multivitamin or any other supplements too?

I say, stick with what works and what she likes (as long as it's balanced)!! A lot of people believe that dogs don't need grains...and a lot of others think it's good to have a variety. It basically boils down to this...if SHE prefers grains over other choices (again, as long as it's balanced), then I don't see a reason to avoid them. Every single dog is different...some do well on grain free, so don't. Some will eat anything you give them, some won't. My personal opinion is that grains are just fine (there are grains I would steer clear of for dogs because I think they really are just filler, e.g. corn). Everything in moderation, right!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!