View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
lizzieg
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehaven View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say: "I'm guessing you both are affiliated with your breeder businesses?"

I've known this breeder for about 5 years now and she was living in SC when we became friends. Her speciality was with Chows in VA and her chows are now aged. She moved from VA to SC so she could provide a nice retirement home with some land, for her and the last of her old dogs.

I think if you did a little more research, you'd find that she only breeds 2-4 litters of yorkies per year, she's definitely not a large scale yorkie breeder by any means. Did you meet her and her dogs or did you only speak by phone or email?

As for the DNA, was the breeder aware that this professor was also going to take the DNA sample on her pup and that the results would be ready in 1 week or did she assume that you wanted to have AKC do the DNA which takes 8-10 weeks?

A potential buyer can have any opinion of a breeder they want but most puppy buyers when feeling uneasy for whatever reason, will just move on to find another breeder that they feel more comfortable with - they normally do not come to a public forum and condemn a breeder who did absolutely nothing wrong to them or to anyone else that they've spoken to!

Again, I don't think your negative critique of this breeder is a fair one based on your bad vibes or assumptions!
I see you advertise your business through the site, and that you do take pride in Loray's dogs. That is fine; I respect that. Respect the fact that I had a bad experience with her, and no, I did not make it far enough with her to visit her because of the negative interaction that I had with her via email. She did not give me the opportunity to proceed with how I wanted to obtain the DNA; she cut me off with 'No, you need to find another breeder if you do not trust me.' That is unprofessional, and in my opinion, that did raise red flags. I respect her and the breeder business enough to keep what she quoted me on a Parti-Yorkie confidential (as I know prices are subject to change based on several factors), but I like to protect my investments, and Parti-Yorkies are a big investment. I have been around dogs my entire life, and I have never had anyone oppose anything as strongly as she did without hearing me out. I found another reputable breeder, decided against breeding, and decided that I want a Biewer Terrier instead. YT is a place where people can come and voice their experiences and opinions in good taste, and that is exactly what I did. I have the right to share my experiences, and others have the right to know as well. If I was a breeder and treated someone this way, he or she would have the right to go and publicize it anyway they choose to as long as it is true. And everything that I have shared is true. When people initially invest thousands of dollars into a companion, not including vet care, grooming, clothes, toys, training, etc., I think that the breeder should be open to hearing their potential buyers out a little better than that.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!