View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
Pinehaven
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzieg View Post
I have done my research on the breeder, had some references that checked out fine, however others did not. Her 'specialty' was with Chows, and she claimed that she had 36 that died of 'natural causes'. Khloe's breeder allowed a professor that I know from UNC to come and take DNA samples which were returned in a week, since she has a parti-recessive gene (this was all done at my expense). She also portrayed to be a 'hobbyist breeder', and some of her references claimed she ran many litters at the same time, something that I wasn't looking for. So, I'm glad you had a good experience with her. She said she was getting older and getting out of the business and slowing down, yet her references said she was in the business hard and heavy. I want honesty in a breeder, and I did not get that. I'm glad you did.
I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say: "I'm guessing you both are affiliated with your breeder businesses?"

I've known this breeder for about 5 years now and she was living in SC when we became friends. Her speciality was with Chows in VA and her chows are now aged. She moved from VA to SC so she could provide a nice retirement home with some land, for her and the last of her old dogs.

I think if you did a little more research, you'd find that she only breeds 2-4 litters of yorkies per year, she's definitely not a large scale yorkie breeder by any means. Did you meet her and her dogs or did you only speak by phone or email?

As for the DNA, was the breeder aware that this professor was also going to take the DNA sample on her pup and that the results would be ready in 1 week or did she assume that you wanted to have AKC do the DNA which takes 8-10 weeks?

A potential buyer can have any opinion of a breeder they want but most puppy buyers when feeling uneasy for whatever reason, will just move on to find another breeder that they feel more comfortable with - they normally do not come to a public forum and condemn a breeder who did absolutely nothing wrong to them or to anyone else that they've spoken to!

Again, I don't think your negative critique of this breeder is a fair one based on your bad vibes or assumptions!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!