Thread: i'm desperate
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:37 PM   #19
ttreatsyorkies
YT Addict

As a breeder when I look at parents to be of my babies i want them to ask lots of questions, as I do too.
Make sure your pup comes with a health guarantee, shots, worming, and a 48 hour vet check return policy. You need to ask about the parents. Do they have any congenital defects that they are aware of. For example luxating Patella, Liver shunt.
Look at the parents teeth, and the puppies. Make sure they have a good bite. Also pay attention to the temperment of the parents. CKC is not as strict as AKC as far as breeding goes, but there are many responsible CKC breeders out there.
Go and visit the house. Trust your instinct right away. If the place stinks, or if they keep their pups in an outside cage, or if they are not friendly to you than most likely you want to look else where. Never buy a pup because you feel guilty for it, only buy the one that you trully want.
I personally avoid breeders that have multiple types of dogs they breed. I know that that may sound bad, but I worry about them being a mill, rather than a breeder that is doing for the betterment of the breed.
Be patient and keep looking the right pup will come along. Remember that only you can decide of the pup is the right one for you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!