View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #13
yorkiejunkie
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPop & Taz 2 View Post
Ok, my 2 cents......and please don't bash me, but, you did ask. I have 6 yorkies. I absolutely love them all dearly! But, it is not easy. They are so darned cute and addictive, I got started and just couldn't stop. I still work full time, DH is semi-retired. Mine are pee-pad trained ( well, that might be stretching it a little). I wash pee-pads every morning. I have them groomed every 2 weeks. I have a great groomer and only cost me 12.00 per baby, including tip. I have one that has Addison's disease, so she's on meds daily and has to have a shot every 25 days; so its the shot plus the office visit. And then there's Heartworm preventive and flea/tick preventive and annual check-ups and dentals........so you see where I'm going. I don't see me retiring any time soon. We did get a camper so we could vacation....but, you ever tried to vacation in a 25 ft. camper with 6 yorkies? As I said, I love them all dearly, but, be sure to give it some thought. I can't imagine not having any of my babies, but, I do wish I had stopped at 2.
Ditto, only I don't wish I had stopped at 2...
It is a huge amount of work, and expense, the more you have the more it costs. Vet, food, grooming, boarding (we never go away)etc...
The choreography of handling more than one, if they don't get along, or while they are learning to get along, is challenging, to say the least, whether it is 2 or 7...
There are other threads, here that are people regretting the second pup, or at the very least looking for "handling instructions" lol
Good luck with your decision, and good luck with your new pup (I have a funny feeling, you are already in love...)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!