View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Kobe View Post
Kobe turned 1 in May and we got Nash in July at 4 months old. At first Kobe didn't want anything to do with him, would get jealous if he was too close to me or hubby. He didnt want to be anywhere near him. For the first few weeks I wouldn't leave them alone together at all, if we left the house Kobe was in my bedroom which has a baby gate going around it and Nash was in his crate but right by the gate so that they could still see each other.

Now they are good together, they wrestle alot and play most of the day but will both cuddle right up next to me and nap or sleep.

The best advice I can give that really helped us is to not let Chewie feel like he became #2. Always greet him first, feed him first, walk him first (or out the door first) etc... while he is adjusting to the new puppy.
Both my boys sleep on the floor next to my side of the bed and every morning Kobe gets picked up on the bed to get his morning hugs and kisses and will lay down on my chest and give me kisses for a few minutes.

Hope this helps...sorry it was so long...

They will learn from each other, both the good and the bad habits. You are at an advantage since your older boy is housebroken. I have noticed that my younger baby is more independent than Rhett, whether that's her being more interested in him versus what would be her normal personality I can't say. It hasn't affected Rhett's cuddle factor adversely at all.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!