View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Pinehaven
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzieg View Post
Here is the link; BEWARE SC Yorkie buyers: Do not buy pups from this breeder. She refused to DNA a pup @ MY expense. http://loraychow1.tripod.com

Buyers feel safe when they see a pedigree certificate with the sire and dam listed as the pup's parents, but you really never know unless you DNA the actual puppy. False reporting to the AKC/CKC has been occurring for decades; maybe longer than that if the truth was known. I wanted to purchase a male Parti-Yorkie pup to possibly breed with Khloe 2 years down the line, and mainly to keep her company. She carries the parti-recessive gene and her breeder DNA'd her with no hesitation. This breeder refused to DNA a male Parti-Yorkie, even when I offered to cover the costs of the DNA test. That is sketchy, and I wanted all buyers to beware of this breeder who advertises her business as a 'non-kennel' operation, but then argued to me that she has been doing this for 20 years. Why would she refuse a DNA test at my expense unless something wasn't right with her pedigree?

I'm not sure why you are so quick to assume that something is fishy or sketchy because the buyer wouldn't DNA this pup? I'm also not sure why you are so quick to come to this site and bash this breeder based only on your incorrect assumptions?

Is the pup registered yet? If not, you could DNA at the same time you register him, so the pups DNA has his registered name on the certificate and was not listed as being named "Puppy A". How old is the pup, is he ready to leave now? DNA through AKC takes 8 -10 weeks for the results, so did you expect the breeder to hold the pup for an additional 8-10 weeks for you until the DNA came back?

I've purchased several of my girls from this breeder and they've always DNA'd to the correct parents. I know many others who've purchased their pups from this breeder ... I've heard of none who's DNA came back incorrectly.

So before you make defaming accusations about a person, it would be nice if you maybe talked to others who know and own the breeders pups. Also, contacting the BBB and AKC to see if there have been any problems or complaints with the breeder would be wise, before you come out publicly, making these types of accusations and hurting a breeders reputation.

Buyers should be cautious, especially inexperianced ones. References from past buyers and vets are a must - did you check any references? If you had, maybe you wouldn't be here today making these hurtful claims.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!