View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #10
Sassysmama
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura dring View Post
Lola is a great name

How was the whole pregnancy experience?

We are thinking of mating Lola in her next season, she has a little BF so finger crossed all goes well....I am currently researching to find as much info on it all as poss.

Do you have any good Advice?
Sassy was wheezing the last couple weeks of her pregnancy. It all stopped when the first pup was born though. The pups must have been pushing on her lungs. Her last litter she only had 1 puppy so this was a big surprise for me.

I fed her Kirkland Chicken & Rice from Costco which is what my breeder suggested that I feed her. She said that she had bigger litters once her girls were on that food. I also gave Sassy boiled chicken here and there. She was hungry all the time so I gave her wet dog food about 2x a day too on top of the dry food. If she was hungry, I think that is why her pups came out so fat and healthy. haha.

When she was delivering, I gave her some nutri-cal every 20 mins to give her more energy/nutrients. I offered her water but she wouldn't take it. I got her to take some drops from a syringe though. She had no problems whelping. She got a little tired at the last pup but she pushed it out and there was no problems. My smallest pup was 3.6 oz and all of the girls were over 4 oz. The smallest pup is now one of the biggest.

If you have any pups that Lola is having difficulty pushing out, use a washcloth. Gently Pull the pup out with the wash cloth as Lola pushes. I did that with the second pup in this litter. I've done a lot of research too so let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck, I hope it all goes well for you!
Sassysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!