View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviDior View Post
Well if he turns out to be over 5lbs I WOULD STILL LOVE HIM LOL.I am not the kind of person who takes animals to the pound beacuse they don't suit me.I sure hope I don't come across that way.

I have had two golden retrevers very loved had them both for close to 14 years & my little doxie had her close to 11.My one retiriver spent over a thousand on her then a thousand more after she got parvo a week later.I could have put her down as the vets said I should yet I didn't.I was in High school at the time and spent all my money to take care of her.All my animals passed due to old age.I have NEVER treated my animals bad or have I just thought oh that animal dosen't suit me anymore to the pound you go.I don't think highly of people that get a pet in the heat of the moment the regret it later.If that was the case I would have got the first yorkie I seen.

I hope I don't sound rude I just don't want to come across as someone that just wants a yorkie to stuff in a purse.Actually I just feel bad leaving my animals at home even for 5 hours.I want to know I can take her or him with me so they are not left home.I work at home so I am at the house most of the time but the times I go shopping it hard to know that my dog is at home alone.

I really feel bad and I am not being rude.I just don't want to be labled as someone who would not care about a pet.My whole size question just had to do with leaving the animal at home.
Sorry, I didn't mean it to come across as me labeling you. It was an honest question. I was talking to someone the other day who had turned her yorkie in to the humane society because he was bigger than she wanted. I asked how big he was and she said 7 lbs And she was in the market for another "smaller" dog.

The rescue we got Scarlett from told us the same thing, far too many of their dogs were turned over because they didn't stay the "teacup" that people thought they would. I can't imagine giving up Rhett just because he's nearly 10 lbs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!