View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
lynnelily
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I've litter box potty trained all three of my pups now ages 21 weeks, 20 weeks and 16 weeks, and love it plus they also go potty outside. What helped me is using a small crate for each one with a divider in it that just gives them enough room to sleep that I keep in my bedroom. I put them in at night and when I go out and when they take their naps. When they wake they have to go right away so I take them out one at a time put them in the box and tell them to go potty. They dig in it chew the stuff sometimes (it recycled paper) walk in circles if they hop out when I know they have to go after being crated for a few hours I put them back in and tell them again. I make a big deal when they go say yeah good girl to potty and give them lot of kisses. My youngest still wakes in the middle of the night and has to use the litter box. She will wimpier I let her out put her in the box she goes gets a drink of water and goes right back to sleep. I always keep the litter boxes in the same place by my baby gate in the room I use to keep them in during the day. They graduated out of the x pen and now get the whole living-room. I take them out for exercise and when they go I say good girl again and make a big deal over it. If they make a mistake and go on the floor I just clean it up. They haven't had one in over a month now so knock on wood. I hope this helps.
lynnelily is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!