View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Coolafancy Zoe
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Zoe is being picky!!!!!

Zoe is choosing to be picky. She can no longer eat dog food because something in it bothers her and makes her throw up. We had thought we found a dog food she was fine with Natures Variety Instinct (dry chicken) but she started getting sick from that too. It doesnt matter what kind of meat is in the food, grain free or not, just that fact that it is a "dog food" makes her throw up. She is fine with any kind of fresh food (meat, veggies if I can blend them up smalll enought that she cant pick them out) I am very frustrated now as she won't eat "complete" homecooked meals.
Her meals that I had recently "concocted" were: pressure cooked chicken, raw foodprocessed veggies and organ meat for 5 days out of the week, and then salmon/sardine, raw foodprocessed veggies and organ meat for 2 days out of the week. I wanted to stay grain free as long as she did okay with it as I had done a nutritional consultation and the vet had said there is no need for grains. I myself had read this previously many times.
We were going to incorperate other meats for variety (lamb, beef, etc) once she was used to this but she wont eat real food. She will take a bite or two and then push it away.

Sorry for such a long post but she is my baby and I want to give her the best nutrition possible so if anyone has any suggestions on a homecooked diet for a picky eater I would really appreciate it.
Coolafancy Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!