View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Tikkagirl
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unhappy Litter Box Training

I am new to the site and I really need help. I need help so badly that I dont sleep at night and I make myself sick do to what I am going to do with my new puppy. My husband bought me a new yorkie who is 14 weeks old. He got her at a pet store and of course they leave their puppys in cages and they just poo and pee as they pleased in the cages. I know almost everyone on here is posting stuff on potty training but I cant really find anything on litter training. The situation I am having is that my puppy wont go to the bathroom outside 70% of the time. What we have is her crate and we have a pen connected to it in a square shape. When we take her on her leash outside she wont go, but once I put her in her pen she pees right away. So, my husband and I decided on a litter box in her pen. We had just bought it today and I placed her into it and all she wants to do it eat it or dig in it and make a mess. Another problem we are having is she poops in her kennel. I have woken up at 7 am and found poop in her cage.
What do I do? I dont like to take her to the grass because she eats and puts everything in her mouth. Does anyone have suggestions on what I need to do to get her to go in the litter box? We think if she went in her box then we wont have to worry. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow and I will see what they have to say. Any ideas would be great, and thank you for your time.

Christina
Tikkagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!