View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
JDS
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
You're puppy's tummy is not even the size of a quarter. He should be on a minimum of 4 small meals a day. Try soaking his kibble in distilled water. Try cottage cheese, there is a recipe in the Breeder's section for Whelping Pudding, I have tremendous luck with this and puppies. You're puppy is very young and should barely be being weaned.
Is this directed at me or the OP? I'm confused.

Perhaps I need to clarify that I free feed Lulu...she doesn't eat the 1/4 cup of kibble all at once. It's down all day every day for her to eat when she wants & I refill it when the bowl is empty. I only measure out what I put in the bowl to try to get a gauge on how much she is eating daily.

Mardelin, I'm going to assume that your response is directed to the OP due to the age of her puppy. It's great advice, as always. Lulu actually still nursed a little at 9 weeks of age, so I can't imagine having her away from her furmommy that young. I'm grateful that she was almost 14 weeks old when she came to us b/c we avoided a lot of worry & stress that I see many new owners going through here.
JDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!