Thread: Sick baby
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheresafaye View Post
My baby Max started throwing up about two weeks ago. Then stopped eating. Talked to my vet n she suggested a bland diet the whole boiled rice n chicken deal. I then noticed he started to bloat badly. I called my vet n she got him in but upon viewing the x rays she noticed his whole gut area was full of fluid. She drained him and told me she thinks he might have PLE? Extremely low protein. She wants me to take in a urine sample tomorrow. My baby is so lethargic and just is not himself. I am currently feeding him small amounts of turkey and trying to coax him to drink water. My hubby got him to eat some eggs this am. And I am giving him all his meds the vet gave me for him. I am desperate for any advice. She gave me a paper explaining PLE briefly but he is only 3 n 1/2 yrs old.she said our goal is to get him to last the week. I cannot imagine losing my angel especially when he should have so many yrs ahead of him. I am so sad. I am feeding him small amounts every hour or so and mush it so to help him hold it down. I am hoping the throwing up stops soon. How do I help him??????
I am so sorry that you are going through this. I don't know of PLE at all. Just wanted to offer my sympathy. Have you done a websearch yet on PLE?

It is so very hard when your loved one is sick. What has the vet said about the throwing up? Anything you can give to settle his tummy?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!