Thread: Allergy Shots
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #9
Vinniedoggy
YT Addict

Quick update - Alex has now had two allergy shots (I was able to administer his second one successfully at home!) It will take about 6 months to know if the allergy shots are helping, but in the meantime he is getting Zyrtec at night, oatmeal baths during the day, and a healthy raw diet with plenty of supplements. I've had him for a week and we're already noticing a HUGE improvement in his skin and hair. He is still itching a bit, especially when we come in for a walk or he gets excited, but his coat is already looking shinier and his skin healthier. During the day, I keep a baby onesie on him (yes, I do feel a tad crazy buying baby clothes for my dog) and that really helps to prevent him from tearing up his skin.

The important thing is that he seems much happier. He actually seems to enjoy the oatmeal baths. I make sure give them to him when we come in from a walk, as that's when he is mostly exposed to allergens. I will keep everyone posted. I am still curious to hear from anyone who has done the allergy shot thing.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!