View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #14
Princes mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola1331 View Post
Hello! this is my first post to yorkie talk. My name is Alora and I brought home my first yorkie almost 3 weeks ago or so. Her name is Alice and she lives with me, my boyfriend and my little boy bun, Zentor. So the first week we had her we saw that she was having loose stool. I took her to the vet and it turns out that she has giardia. now I found this out about 3 days after bringing her home. so I started her on albon and metronzidial as giving by the vet. Now Alice only weighted 2.4 lbs the first time we brought her to the vet, so I got a the meds special made for her size. I gave her her first dose of meds and about an hour later she started throwing up white foam and having watery poop. I would have rushed her off to the vet but it was almost 11 at night and she was drinking water so i figured that I would just bring her first thing in the morning. I feel alseep around midnight and when i woke up at 7:30 and opened her cage i saw her limp as could be just lying on the floor. i picked her up and she wasnt moving so i tryed to put some water in her mouth. then i called the vet and rushed her over, speeding and bawling my eyes out. i ran in and gave her to them. I found out a couple hours later that the meds that were special made were made too strong and she was posioned by them. she was on and i.v. for two days to get her system back in order. mind you by this time i had only had her about a week. so 800$ later I contact the breeder i got her from. I told her that she had giardia and her other pups should get tested. I also told her that she almost died and had to have special treatment which cost me about 800$. i asked her if she could help me out with the bills but she said she would only give me a 500$ discount on a second puppy. I dont know what exactly i would do with another puppy... but anyways i really have gotten no help as far as that goes. so two weeks ago we brought her in for a check up and we found out that she had coccidia as well. great! she has also lost weight, she got down to two lbs. so we treated her for that and that is cleared up but she still has giardia. we started on a second treatment last week for the giardia and it hasnt helped. today we moved back to the origional meds but just the correct amount. I gave her a dose today and she hasnt thrown up so thats good, but she pooped black poop... so thats got me really concerned. She was weighed again today and shes back up to 2.2lbs so yay! i think thats a good sign.

I was reading a bit on the thread about max the puppy with potential ls or neuological problems. its hard to know that you bought a sick puppy and yet the breeder will not help. I bought alice sick yet i had no idea. now i'm doing everything i can to help her be well. i havent had her that long but shes probally been to the vet about 15 times for tests and things. I hope max gets well.

Its nice to meet everyone!
-Alora
IMO, the vet should not have charged you for his mistake. I feel the vet made a bad situation worse. Well, I hope your baby gets better soon, and welcome to yorkie talk.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!