Thread: Sick Baby Help
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #9
MaggieBroere
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I have an 11 month old female Yorkie, named Maggie. We have had her to the vet several times over the last two months for the same malady. She yipes when you go to pick her up, don't even have to touch her and she's yip-ing without even touching her. She hasn't been eatimg much, she gets extra water through the day from a syringe to keep her hydrated. Is there any pain meds I can safely give her, she weighs 4 pounds. Can't get a hold of her vet, and need some help, she lethargic, and not herself, seems to hurt to go up or down stairs has problems jumping up, seems to hurt if you touch her bottom. She is almost totally out of her first heat, is being in heat this causing her roblems now?? She was diagnosed to have bad gas, tenough to warrant pres. drugs for her,She hasn't had rawhide,bones, etc. her diet is totally changed for the past month to boiled really wet rice, and boiled lean ground hampburger plus Omega 3 oil to keep her bowels moving, but seems to be doing little. She liked the diet change at fist, but does seem to be eating much now. Can anyone please Help, it breaks my heart to see her in agony!! And her vet is out of town til monday
MaggieBroere is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!