View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Beamers Mom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Dog Beamer isn't stupid

OK - I had just been into the living room and Beamer was on the floor by Bruce. I came back to my office to read YT forum. Then I heard it start raining, so when it rains I shut off the doggie door so Beamer and Lil Bit don't go outside in the rain. So, I went to close the doggie door and as I passed the living room I noticed Beamer wasn't there. So, checked the dining room as he sometimes likes to lay by the French window there looking out to see what is going on in the neighbourhood. He wasn't there.
So, I looked through the window to the back yard and didn't see him.
I called his name. No answer. Bruce and I searched through the house. No sign of him. We have a large fenced in backyard but I worried that he may have found a hole or something and got out.So, went to the front door and opened it, looked around the front of the house. No sign of him.
I looked in the garage, as I noticed the door into the garage from the house was open (he wouldn't have been able to get out of the garage to the outside). No sign of him.
I stood in the back yard, getting soaking wet, calling him, but no answer.
Now I am getting frantic. He always comes when he is called, especially if he hears the word "treat". I could just see me coming on here and posting that Beamer was missing!
So, Bruce gets an umbrella and goes to the fence at the back of the yard to see if there was any way he could have escaped there.

Beamer comes crawling out from under the shed, which is next to the fence, completely dry, and let Bruce pick him up and protect him from getting wet with the umbrella! Obviously as soon as it started raining he decided to take shelter, and he certainly wasn't going to come when I called and get wet! he says he is smart enough to get out of the rain!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!