View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
manolos mom
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_mama22 View Post
Thanks and I obviously know a dog can kill a bird! lol I never leave them unattended and I have always supervise right close by. I didn't just stick the bird on the floor and let them have a go at it. I taught them to be nice with Kiwi and we have had them together for a year now without any problems or even a "lick" of the lips. My 3rd dog used to think Kiwi was dinner and would lick her lips and want to get him. I NEVER EVER let her play with him like this. Lola and Zach are both very gentle and have never tried to hurt him. They know to play nice, our Conure is always out on his cage and if we are on the couch he loves to come down, he loves to groom the yorkies. They get along great and I don't think I will have to worry about them thinking he is dinner. But like I said I am very careful, Kiwi was my first baby and I'd never want/let something happen to him. Thanks for the advice

Just to add, Kiwi does not stress at all. He always wants to go to the dogs first and get their attention. He thinks he's a dog lol
I'm so glad for you. My dogs use to love my Conure. I have had him for 12 years now. This just happened. They want to eat him. Be careful. They show stress by nipping and pulling out feathers. FYI
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!