Thread: Brain overload
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:28 AM   #14
Elle
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccitymom View Post
Thank you again for all of your responses! I so appreciate all of the advice. Thank you for considering it courage but it is probably more along the lines of not knowing any better : ) But I figure they cannot eat Wolfie or me or take away our birthday so what the heck lol It might be our one and only time.

I do have a show lead but I do not know the correct way to do a puppy topnot. If you don't mind could you explain that?

I just read my reply. I can't make sense of what I typed.

I should clarify, your puppy is a baby. Do feed him. Just go have fun. The rest will come together. Don't take it too serious. While there's no reason to be nervous, it is an incredible thing you're doing. But it makes you so incredibly nervous you can't think!
There's nothing to the puppy topknot. Just part it, little teasing, spray, band, tweaking, poof if (smoothen too) then a bow.

If he's very young only walk him a tad when you first arrive. By this I mean 10 feet. You don't want to make him more tired than he will be.

They may buck & kick, spin & bark. There are a few that go in and demand attention. A yorkie can capture the crowd. People always love to watch matches. They can shine in a match, pressure free. Some have nice prizes.

It's the early beginning of something I hope you will take by the reigns. I wish you had a mentor. Hope you have others that enjoy to enjoy it with you, people that will take pictures. You will have the best breed there.
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!