View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
baby yorkie
YT 500 Club Member

I've had a sewing machine for apprx 28 years. My husband is retired military and I had to sew his stripes on. I'm also height challenged, so I have to hem alot. Now, my hemming is not pretty. Not always even and sometimes, if I don't have the right color thread, I just use any old color!!! My sisters (I'm #4 out of 6) sew very well, but they live in Louisiana & South Carolina, and can't teach me. I've seen such pretty things on YT, that I just wanted to do more for my babies....so I purchased a serger for $35 off ebay. My neighbor helped me thread it (very difficult). I may not be using it properly, but for the first time, it's not too bad. My sewing machine didn't want to sew thru the elastic, so I sewed around it. I had to take some things apart and redo. I'm attaching pictures of the inside. Please let me know if you see anything I need to be doing, whether it's for my babies' safety...or that I just did it a dorky way.
Attached Thumbnails
How did I do sewing 1st time???-dress-3.jpg   How did I do sewing 1st time???-dress-4.jpg  
baby yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!