View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
DaniMarie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Rose Yet another thanks for another YorkieTalker to all of you!!!

I always forget to update whenever I come here with a crisis, then can never find my thread.

Last weekend I posted about finding dewclaws in the back of my Poppy and freaking out because they had curled up and I was terrified they had curled into her skin.

Well, I brought her to see the vet who said the claws were just really curled and not in her skin and should be fine to groom.

Prior to this, I got an excellent recommendation for a groomer at (of ALL places) Petco. A friend of mine has two Bichons and takes them there religiously because there are only two groomers on staff and both have been there over ten years...AND both are certified vet techs.

I called and spoke with one of them and apologized but told her I needed as much information on credentials and she said absolutely no problem, she had heard horror stories from the previous groomer I had been taking Poppy to.

So Poppy went and within an hour she had the perfect haircut, and ALL of her nails (including dewclaws) came back trimmed with no bleeding and none of that "stop the bleeding" crap they put on the nails. AND they let you sit and watch what happens.

She came home bouncing around happy, chasing the cats. It was very pricey, but VERY worth it.

Thanks to everyone who helped me through this latest freak-out!!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!