Thread: Brain overload
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
There is a couple things that I tell newbies when they first start out. 1. Is that you will be given so much information that you'll feel you'll never learn it all. File it away in your head, pull it out as you need it. As each dog is different and that information may not be needed with your dog you're showing now, but it maybe very useful with the next. 2. In 6th months from now, all will come together and it will be 2nd nature to you. You'll enter the ring and you won't even think about what you need to do, you'll just do it.

Sanction "B" Matches are just practice matches. They provide your pup and you to gain practice and confidence. The judges are very forgiving of pups at this age. Even in the regular conformation classes where you can obtain points. Relax, have fun. You've got to start somewhere.
To me that is what is important to learn to relax and have fun with it. If your easy in yourself your pup will be too. For the most part I've found in the sanction matches the judges are very warm and friendly and know you and your pup are inexperienced and try to give you and the pup a good experience in the ring.

Go on and do it. The experience will be anywhere in the range from fantastic to not, but each baby step you take takes you further along that range.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!