View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 03:16 AM   #15
ally173
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcakes View Post
Sure, first off there are a few Answer Pet Foods. Answer Pet Food DETAILED is one that is complete and doesn't need any additional supplement and/or veggies. Answer Pet Food STRAIGHT is a diet you add additional supplements and/or veggies to - I think they only have Chicken and Beef and Pork formulas available at this time. The Answer Pet food DETAILED also comes in nibbles, patties or sausages if preferred.
You can read more about the ingredients in both at their website - Answers Raw Pet Food Company: Our Products

Aunt Jeni's is great. It's complete and balanced and one does not have to add any supplements. It also comes in a variety of flavors too including: chicken, lamb, beef, rabbit, turkey and goat.

One can also lightly cook Aunt Jeni's food - although feeding it raw is recommended, but for those that are "paranoid" or "afraid" it's a good alternative to slowly introduce one's dog and self to raw food. Aunt Jeni's has a lower meat ratio than Answers Pet food. The chicken, lamb, beef and rabbit varieties are made in a 65:35 ratio of meat, organs & bones to vegetables, eggs, & "extra" ingredients. Aunt Jeni's Turkey and Goat formulas are made in a 75:25 ratio of meat, organs & bones to vegetables, fruits and seeds/nuts.

Here's some facts from the website:
Aunt Jeni's Home Made 4 Life Raw Dog Food Benefits

Food is made in their own facility, where they practice strict safety precautions and are stringent about keeping sanitary working conditions.
Formulated and analyzed by qualified, degreed, experienced Animal Nutritionists.
Meets and exceeds CVMA, NRC, and AAFCO requirements. The ingredients used have been carefully selected to provide superior, essential nutrition for your dog(s).
The meat used is of the highest quality, the majority being New Zealand free range or US free range humanely raised meats free of added hormones, antibiotics and steroids.
They maintain their work area at a colder temperature, and their meats never rise above freezing temperatures. They even use environmentally-friendly cleansers and disinfectants, along with 200 degree hot water for cleanup.
All ingredients in this natural dog food are human-grade and are personally inspected for freshness and quality.
Comes in recyclable plastic containers that are very storable and stackable and from which food is very easily scooped and dispensed.
Contains organic ingredients.
Does not contain synthetic vitamins. Derives all of its nutrition from whole food sources!
Healthy & wholesome, with NO preservatives, NO additives and NO chemicals.
Suits every stage of your pet's life.
Provides a balanced diet, with maximum digestion and nutrient availability.
Results in healthier skin, glossier coat, cleaner teeth and fresher breath.
Hope that helps.
thanks so much for this info; i emailed jeni yesterday and she answered many of my questions; so i ended up buying the food;i will be cooking it at first to introduce it; since my dog has ibd and her gi system is very sensitive. she's also on prednisone so i am afraid she will get hurt by whatever bacteria is in the food if any. thanks again
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!