View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
AmandaG
Delilah's Momma
Donating Member

Angry My vet was careless

First of all, I want to thank each and every one of you for your sympathy and advise about Macey
A day has passed now, and I am starting to get pretty angry. My cat, Boston isn't doing too well. I realized that the vet that performed his neuter and declawing, didn't give me and antibiotic for him. In the past, we have always gotten one. He also didn't tell us anything about the bandages either (we took him home the same day.)
We called our old vet, and took him in right away. The vet took one look at him, and said there was a problem with his neuter, and he also had a fever. So right now, he is being put back to sleep for the correctional surgery, and the vet will let us now how he looks under the bandages then. I am really nervous, and I feel so horrible.
Also in response to how careful a vet has to be when administering anesthesia, and that he needs to have assistance... I doubt he did. As far as I know, it is only his wife and him, and I don't think she is certified to be helping him (I am just guessing.) I mean, he works from his home. I never even saw an operating room, or any equipment.
I feel like a really bad mommy for even taking my babies there in the first place. I had no idea it was going to turn out like this. Everyone always had good things to say about him.... probably because he is cheap.
I really think he did something wrong with Macey's anesthesia. He was so informal about the whole situation. As soon as we got there to pick Boston up, he got in his car and left us to talk with his wife.
What do I do? I want to find out why my baby died. I have a feeling if I would have taken her somewhere else, somewhere better, she would still be with me, and that kills me.
AmandaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!