View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
TammyJM
No Longer a Member

Thank you for sharing this link. Harley's itching and biting at himself has gotten a bit worse. We were just now really looking him over again and see more spots where he has chewed raw and some other little bumps. It looks like chigger bites....are dogs susceptible to this type of bite?? I have no idea where he would have encountered chiggers because he is an indoor dog and when he does go out to potty, he's on a leash in our yard (but our home does back up to a farm so maybe..) I trimmed up the hair on Livi's paws and she hasn't touched them since so I don't think her itching was anything more than her hair feeling too long. But Harley is having such a tough time right now. We are definitely taking him to the vet tomorrow, but I will google chigger bites and dogs to see what I can come up with because this is really what it looks like. If anyone has any suggestions on how we can help him, I would really appreciate it! Poor baby...he will be sound asleep (Benadryl is helping with this) but then,out-of-the-blue, he will jump, bite at himself and frantically take off across the room like he is soooo bothered. This breaks my heart!!

TammyJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!