View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
TammyJM
No Longer a Member

Question Question For Those of You That Feed ACANA.

My guys have been on ACANA (Wild Prairie) for about a year and a half to 2 years. We have to be careful what we feed our older guy, Harley....he suffers from allergies and a very senstive tummy. It has been wonderful because all 4 of mine like the flavor and it has had no negative affect on Harley's stomach and the allergies seemed completely under-controlled.....until the past few days. All of a sudden, Harley has started chewing at himself....even biting until making two raw spots on his back and he has other bumps in the same area. This just started a day and a half ago so we thought well maybe he got into something when my husband took him out to potty. Even though this didn't make too much sense because he's on a leash and only goes to a certain area of our yard. We've given him Benadryl today and once yesterday and my husband bathed in an oatmeal bath. He is still bothered, though (however, he is able to sleep with the Benadryl). Also, Livi....which has NEVER EVER had an issue with allergies, started licking/chewing at her paws some last night and a couple of times today. This is the very first time that we have ever seen Livi do anything like this. She does not go in the grass like Harley to potty so it can't be the yard. She has only done this a few times but Harley is miserable. We plan to get him into the vet tomorrow but wanted to ask you guys if you have heard if ACANA has maybe changed their formula recently.....we just opened a new bag of their food and this started at the same time.

I don't know what to think, but hopefully will have more answers after he goes to the vet. I guess I could also email ACANA and see what they say.

Thank you!!
Tammy
TammyJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!