View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Default When to grant freedom in the potty training regime?

Hi All,

Harley has been brought up with a combination of grid and crate training, and of course praise and reward. He is 9 months and due to recent events (some of you may have followed my post on the little intruders I've had in my apartment) i've started letting Harley have his own bedroom, with his potty and his crate open and available 24/7, (I just can't stand to lock him in his crate in case those darn little bugs come back). Well once I get those stupid buggers under control, I'm debating on whether to keep him as he is, or whether it is too soon for that freedom and whether he should be crated again at night.

He pees on the tray, and has only had one mistake recently (partially due to him moving the newspapers... he peed on the papers, just not on the tray)

His only issue is pooing... he starts on the grid, and then walks off, poo hits the floor 75% of the time rather than the tray. I really don't see how I'm going to fix this. He does poo outside when we walk at nights, but the morning poos it's the same story. I shave his bum regularly to prevent anything clumping.

Thoughts, my apologies for the long post...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!