View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #13
Vinniedoggy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachwhitxoxo View Post
Well, I would just prefer a dog five pounds or under. As for the price, I know it's low, but I want one so so so bad, but unfortunately I'm on a budget.
If you are on that much of a budget then you should not be adopting a dog. Doggy care costs money (Medical, decent food, etc). If you REALLY want a dog, you should look a good ol' American mutt, as mutt's generally have fewer health issues. Even so, you have to account for accidents and illness that can strike any dog.

There is no such thing as a teacup yorkie - that label is just used by shady breeders who want to take your money and give you a dog with a ton of health problems, one that will probably not live very long.

If you're really serious about getting a dog, wait a bit. Save up some money and do your homework (there is a lot of good information available on this site). If you're set on a Yorkie, read the posts on this listserv and take in what you're reading. A lot of very well-informed people post here, including breeders, and you will better understand the needs of the Yorkie breed. When you're financially ready, chat with some folks here to find a reputable Yorkie RESCUE group in your area. There are so many dogs, Yorkies included, who need good homes. I've had three yorkies, all of whom have come from rescues and all of whom have been awesome dogs!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!