View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepuppie View Post
my friend's dog was stung by a bee last week. (they were walking in the grass) within 10 minutes, the dog was pucking and diarrhead blood. they rushed it to the vet and the dog's gum turned white and tung turned black, they were able to save my friend's dog, but the vet told my friend that the dog would have died if they didn't bring her in right away. i saw the dog on sunday, which was 5 days after she was stung, and she was slow and healing internally i guess?

this is probably not going to happen to all dogs, but i think just to be safe, i wouldn't walk my dog or let them play outside if there are bees around.
So glad that kiddo is okay, wow, scary! Hopefully, their Vet told them (after looking at vital signs) afterward whether or not this was a *true* allergic response? Bc if the vet thinks the dog was on her way toward anaphylactic shock, I'd want something more than Benadryl in my "doggie kit". I'd want Epi on hand at all times.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!