View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 08:34 AM   #13
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz
I'm having a hard time believing this statement!! This would mean, that at birth, the puppy weighed MORE than the mother did while she was carrying it!! Must be a typo---I hope!!
Suz
She said the pup weighed 5.5 OUNCES not lbs. No matter size of the male of the female if a dog only has one pup the pup will grow to fill the space available in the mom.

ytsirk27~ Please read my post more carefully...I did not say I ADREED with the original thread starter.....I said her argument made logical sense. To clarify, no, I do not feel that we need to cease all breeding until the shelters are empty, I have never supported that argument especially where yorkies or nay small breed dogs are concerned because they never stay long in a shelter or a rescue. They are very much in demand.

I do however respect those who are of the opinion that we should adopt from shelters first.

I just thought of something, maybe some members here think that if you "respect and opinion" you have to agree with it.....this is not true. You can respect it and still not agree with it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!