View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 05:38 AM   #11
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPayne View Post
Thank you all so much for your advice and kind thoughts. I'm so glad I found this forum! Just to give you all an update, our appointment is at 11:00 (so about a couple of hours from now) so I'm really looking forward to getting him there. He had another uncomfortable night and kept moving round and wouldn't sleep in one place for long so I'm thinking his tummy's sore. He also passed quite a lot of stool too which is worrying because as Gemy suggested anyway, I did give him one meal split into two small feeds over the course of about eight hours (I'm so worried about him having had so little to eat but I figured it was for the best).

Just a third chicken and then a third rice and I managed to get hold of some butternut squash and sweet potato. I'm not sure if this was right but it was the closest I could find to pumpkin. Mashed that all up as soft as I could. And yes! Babygirl Rosie, I did make sure he had plenty of water. I did think about the dehydration aspect because there seems to be a lot of liquid in the stool so I kept him well covered on this all night. I've hardly slept! And nope, there hasn't been any blood so far. Just this horrible jelly looking stuff. It also smells awful so I'm thinking there is some kind of infection. My poor puppy

Anyway, I shall stop rambling now. Thank you too to gemy for the blood workup suggestion. I'll get them to do that, too. They're very good vets and very attentive usually so I'm sure they'll oblige. I'll make them anyway. And no, Karrie, no-one's cutting him open! Wow, what a crazy story. Anyway, looking forward to giving you all some hopefully good news in a bit. Thanks again everyone
Please let us know what the vet says today. I am so sorry your baby is sick. You are doing the right thing by going to the vet. Let us know.
BabyGirl Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!