View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 AM   #1
Kaylee0520
Yorkie Yakker

Default Hollistic Vet or Traditional?

I am looking for opinions and experiences the topic of hollistic care or your regular vet?

Yesterday we lost Kaylee our 5 year old yorkie to ITP and anemia.

Here's my original post:

"Kaylee my 5 year old yorkie has been dealing with a skin issue for the past year. We have seen many vets and have spent thousands in the last year. Joey our 2 year old yorkie had the same skin issue but never as bad. Kaylee and Joey have the same parents.

Recently, we took Kaylee to another vet and was presrcibed simpliecf and and a weekly oral injection of ivomec. About 2-3 days later I noticed her lower nipple was inflammed. A few days later her second nipple up was now innflammed. I made a vet apt for the next day and the day of the apt I came home from work to bruises on her body, blood coming out from her nipples and black diaherra.

Vet told me she had ITP, Immune-Mediated Thrombocytopenia which is a diesease in which her body is attacking her platelets. She is now on prednicolone, misoprostol, vit k, prilosec otc and carafate. She used to be on doxycycline too. She is now anemic and had a injection of vinchristine yesterday.

This morning she seemed ok and was acting like she did about 5 days ago. She is back to being lethargic this afternoon. She has problems walking, I assume from her red blood cell count being so low that she is extremely tired.

We had xrays due to rule out any internal bleeding or tumors.

She doesn't want to eat, however we try to feed her whatever we can."

Heartbroken-
Kristy
Kaylee0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!