View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 03:19 AM   #3
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritsy View Post
2weeks ago I drove 7 hours to pick up my 2nd yorkie rescue. Their vet was unsure if she had been fixed or not, so he did an ultrasound and gave the all-clear...... I rescue dogs-I've no clue here-will I be able to get her fixed while she is in heat? At least now I know why my yorkie boy is sooo interested in her!
If the scar is very faint it is very hard to tell if a female is actually spayed. I've heard of this happening before so you are not alone. I really don't think the rescue was trying to "pull a fast one" and pass off an unspayed dog to you. Is your male neutered? I'm guessing that he is since it sounds like he is a rescue as well. If there is no chance of pregnancy then there is no reason not to wait until after her heat is finished. Spays are not routinely done while a female is in heat. Have you contacted the rescue to let them know she was not spayed?

Thank you for opening your heart and home to rescues. They really are so special aren't they
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!