View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #12
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkielady06 View Post
Ok let me list the tests you need to ask about.
Bile acid tests? OFA certification for hips and knees? CERF?
The no genetic defects in their lines is bologna....everyone has had them at least once. I feel that if they do not have any genetic defects in their lines then they should prove it to me with testing done on the parents.
How about the pups will they be bile acid tested prior to leaving? If the parents are not tested I would demand it for the pup before buying for sure.

After that I would check references of their vet and other puppy purchasers...
Like was said before just because someone charges 1500 for a puppy and may show does not impress me. This pup will be with you for years to come, take your time. Check into the references looking for vet hoping or bad experiences or health issues. Ask about the buyers experiences and how the dogs are kept. You can learn alot that way.

Good luck on your search. Do not settle for anything less. It will pay for itself in the long run.
Once you know the exact names of the parents you can look up the CERF results and the OFA or in Canada they might use OVC Ontario Veterinary College, BATS asked to be faxed the pups actual Lab test result or scanned and sent in an email format.
I know you live off the mainland and that makes it very hard for you to personally visit breeders.
I would also want to know if this is the first breeding of this pair, or a repeat breeding. If repeat breeding, how has the first litters health been? Any problems reported to the breeder?
You can also cross check the BA Drurrer's recommendation with Loreta - see if she knows this breeder.

BTW I liked the pic of the dog which is the 3rd breeders dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!