View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
bj1
Owned By BJ and Lil Ann
Donating Member

Default I am so mad!! Errrrrr!!!

My dh and I went to Subway today. As we pulled in, there was a blue car that we pulled beside of. My dh went in to get out sandwhiches and I knew we probally had a while to wait because I could see so many people in line. (We were parked right in front of the door) My dh said, we'll be back sometime and we laughed. I sat outside in the car with our 2 yorkies that we take everywhere with us. About 10 minutes of waiting in the car all of a sudden I see a little dog jumping in the car beside of us. He was trying to get to the cracked window, I guess to get some air. I opened my door and looked the car over and to see if the car was locked which it was and all the windows were rolled up except for a little cracked at the driver side. I couldn't even put my finger in that crack. I was so madThat poor dog was so hot!! It was hard to tell how long that poor little dog has been in there but you could just feel the heat in that carI went to door at subway and held it open and hollered if anyone owned the blue car that had a dog in it? No one at all answered meEveryone just looked at one another. My dh looked at me confused. I was so madI just didn't know what to do. That poor dog was now crying and yelping at me wanting me to get him out of that hot car. I started crying. I said to myself this is just not right. So I got my cell phone out and called 911. I told them the whole story and that no one claimed owning that car nor the dog. I told him about all the windows being rolled up except for a small crack on the driver's side that I couldnt' even put my little fingers through. The dog was miserable. NOW, get this, the 911 operator told me since the window was cracked there was nothing they could do. WHATIs this true? Has anyone heard of this? I didn't know what else to do . I didn't know anymore numbers. I just started crying over the phone and told this guy that this was an outrage!! I told him if he could see this little dog screaming and trying to get himself out of that hot car. I rolled down my window and put my phone out toward the car and he actually heard the dog crying and going crazy. I told him that his tongue was just hanging out and he was breathing so fast. It was so hot today and there was no shade at all. I had our air on full blast and I was still hot in our car. Well after I vented my frustration and anger to the 911 operator he said, well why dont' you give it 5 minutes and if no one comes for the dog then call us back. I said it has already been over 20 minutes already that we have been parked there and that dog has been in that car before we pulled in. But there was nothing else he said. He said give it another 5 minutes and then if no one comes for the dog then call them back and they would try to take care of it. I was so mad and hurt. About the time I hung up my dh came out to the car. I told him everything that has happened and that we couldn't leave for another 5 minutes. Well, after I got done telling him about me calling 911 etc. this young guy comes out of subway and comes towards the car beside of us. He is the owner of the dog!!! My dh said what a minute, this guy was way ahead of me in line. He said he has no idea what that guy was doing after he got his order. I told him well he didn't ever come out. Well, I rolled down my window and I am sure he could tell I had been crying about HIS dog. I told he should never leave his dog in such hot whether in the car like that. I proceded to tell him his dog could die or have a heat stroke. And told him he could get himself into alot of trouble and told him this was animal cruelty. He said not one thing. He proceded to light a cigarrette right in front of me and acted like he could care less. My dh told him that was just wrong and we proceded to leave and he just jumped in his car with nothing to say not one word. As we were leaving we seen him back up his car and then go to the gas pump and hop out and shut his door again with the dog in it and started to get gas. ERRRR!! Has anyone ever heard that if they have the window cracked no one could do anything with the dog owners like 911 told me? Please someone let me know about what to do the next time if something like this ever happens. I hope it never happens again! I just like to know what you do when you see such a thing like this> Who do you call? What do you do? I thought that when I called 911 they would call the police or something and do something about it. I am just shocked about what 911 told me. And I felt so bad for this poor dog. So sorry this is so long, but thank you for reading my post. And if anyone knows what should I do if I ever see this again? I hope I never have to see this again
bj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!