View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
ls1smith
Yorkie Yakker

Default Should I get a 3rd yorkie....if so where do I begin?!

My yorkies are 10 and 14. The 10 year old still acts like a puppy . She wants to play constantly (fetch) or sit on my lap. She follows me from room to room and sticks to me like Velcro. My older Yorkie is really slowing down. She sleeps mostly now and was always independent even when younger (mostly just tolerated Maggie) and only wants to be held on occasion. Now that she is blind she NEVER plays with Maggie.

I had always planned to adopt another Yorkie when my Abby passes on....but I am wondering if maybe I should do it now. Maggie seems so pitiful sometimes and I know would LOVE to play with an animal that wants to play back! It seems unfair to wait so long that by the time I get another Yorkie Maggie will then be too old to play!

What do you think?

AND.....this is the bigger question.....

Do you think I should go the puppy route or adopt an older dog that needs a home. I have read so much on here about backyard breeders and puppy mills that I am almost afraid to adopt a puppy. A part of me is leaning toward an adult dog. Also, it has been a long time since I have had a puppy so I might be forgetting how rambunctious they are. My Maggie even though she is full of energy may not be able to keep up??

Any advice/wisdom is MUCH appreciated. Would love to hear from those of you who have a senior dog and a pup.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!