View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

Hey! (I don't know if you remember PM'ing me back in Dec about trying to decide which puppy to get...which one did you decide on?? I was looking at old PM's tonight and saw them and then saw this thread!! I see your little girl turned out to be 4 1/2 lbs, so does that mean you chose the bigger one?? ) I feed my Bella, who is between 4.25 and 4.5 lbs, 1/2-3/4 of 1/4 of a cup of food in the morning and in the evening...so not quite 1/2 a cup per day. She goes through periods where she eats everything you give her, but right now she's going through a period where she'll only eat one of those meals (so not even 1/4 cup per day!!) I really think there are times she needs more food because she burns more calories, and then there are times she doesn't....and she's one who only eats when she's hungry, which most dogs aren't like that. And she poops probably 3 times per day. I've found that the recommended feeding on the bag of food is WAAYYY more than they should actually have!! I googled NOW puppy food, and it looks like it's a good quality food to me. I don't know much about grain free food, but I think I'd ask on YT about putting a puppy on a grain free diet to get some feedback about that. It may be just fine, but for some reason I was thinking I was told not to do that when I got Bella....but I've slept since then so I can't remember for sure. Maybe dogs on grain free just poop more?? Or maybe she IS just eating more than her body can handle?? Sorry I couldn't be more help! Can't wait to hear which puppy you chose! I still have the pics you sent me. You should post some pics on here so everyone can oooh and ahhhh over your baby!! (They were BOTH tooooo cute!! )

Last edited by bellasmomok; 07-30-2010 at 06:48 PM.
bellasmomok is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!