Thread: Backsliding
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
dinkyweil
YT Addict

Dinky will be 6 months old on the 12th of this month.We have only had him since the end of June. He had been pad trained, but he was confused and peed on of his bedding. So we switched him to outside training, and he did very well. He had been trained almost perfectly for daytime, but still pooing and peeing in the crate every night. I haven't worried about that too much because he is so little. The backsliding started right with his new access to most of the house. He was doing so well that I figured we could move on to "the next level." He loved running around the house like the terrier that he is. It seemed as if he prefered going inside and was getting the opinion that inside was his potty spot too. He kept ithnside the crate, but then last night peed on his blanket when we were on the sofa.

Right now he's sleeping between me and hubby on the sofa. We carried him there, and he'll go back into the kitchen after a trip outside when he wakes up.
He's such an emotional little guy. I haven't had a puppy since I was a kid. Our other dogs were both adult strays that took up with us when we lived in the country. They lived outside. Obviously, that won't work for my sensitive little Yorkie!
dinkyweil is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!