View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 04:44 AM   #1
brodynbre
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default barking at everyone

Our yorkie, Brody is 13 months old. About 3 months ago he started barking at everybody who came to our door. Including family members who come visit us frequently. Somedays he will bark only a little, and other days for several minutes, and sometimes his tail is wagging (which makes me believe he is happy to see them) but other days he has barked & growled and sounds so mean. I correct him right away and for the most part he will listen, but will growl alittle under his breath. When I pick him up he will stop barking...but continue with that little growling. He is not fixed yet, and for the most part really likes people. I dont understand this barking behavior at people he knows so well (they play with him and hold him frequently). When we take him for rides in the car he will freak out barking at people he sees, so I have been trying to work with him on this too. Is this barking behavior ever going to stop? We have a dog and a cat and he will bark at them too, but he loves to play with them? Im confused..I've never had a dark do this before. We love him so much and I dont want people to think he is mean or to be afraid of him, because we like to take him with us often. Any advice, please....would be appreciated.
brodynbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!