View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Kirby
YT 500 Club Member

Dog Animals Left in Car -- When Will People Learn--When Will I Learn

A couple weeks ago, an elderly couple parked next to me in the lot where I was waiting for my husband. When they got out of their vehicle, the woman noticed me holding Sydney in her bag. She stated she had a poodle, which was in a bag in their backseat. She then proceeded to close the doors, and her and her husband went into the building with their dog in the car. Full sun, left in bag, windows cracked. I was very worried, but I did nothing. No excuse for their behavior, but no excuse good enough for mine.

Today, we were in a store's drive-up pharmacy window. Next to us was a car. What drew my attention was a dog barking inside the car. One window was cracked the thickness of my finger. We had a few other things to do in the area, and so we left, but we returned to find the dog still in the car, full sun, and probably unable to breath very well. It had also been barking, so perhaps very thirsty, too.

My husband said to just let it go, but I couldn't. I called 911 and reported the car. It was intimidating, and I don't think I sounded very intelligent on the phone, but the dispatcher took my information and said he would send a squad car over. We then left.

Instead of being scared about my actions, I felt very good. Perhaps I can be an advocate for animals...so can you.
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!