View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
ShanPando
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Love $300 Yorkie

Hi there,

I'm a little torn on what to say in regards to the $300 puppy your friend got. See, my husband and I spent precisely that this past weekend on ours. We did MEET somewhere beforehand, however because he lived on farmland he met us at a gas station then we drove to his home. I have read NEVER to meet somewhere and get a dog without going to the breeders home first. It's true that you don't know what the living conditions are until you see it first hand.

Our little Piper is doing great. We took her to the vet immediately, 12 hours after getting her. She is healthy, except she has common puppy worms. I haven't seen any in her stool but the vet says they are there so she is on medicine for them. Other dogs I have adopted from shelters in the past have had them too. So, I don't think that reflects poorly on the breeder.

Our breeder was very patient, gave us tips, answered questions, and let us know to call him if we ever had any issues. She has a health guarantee, CKC, and we got her shot records. Obviously, we know where he lives which helps if anything does go crazy. He had a lot of great ratings on the internet from past purchasers and it included some of their email addresses. If I wanted to, I could have contacted them to see how their dogs were doing now.

There were NO crates, kennels, etc. in his home or on his property. His pups roamed his home and his fenced yard freely and said since our little girl was the last...she had been sleeping with him every night. It must be true because she does enjoy sleeping with us.

Anyway, I would be somewhat concerned since she never went to the breeders home. Unfortunately, that's why one should do lots of research before buying a pup. I wouldn't say price is such a big deal as they can be as expensive as $3500! Sorry, but we can't afford that nor would we ever pay that much. But, the fact she didn't go to the breeders home and met him/her is alarming to me. Hopefully everything checks out at the vet. Let us know!
ShanPando is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!