View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #14
Beamers Mom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Penni, my first Yorkie, lived to be 15.1/2.
I had some dachsie rescues, that I had agreed to foster until forever homes could be found - and we know how that turns out. They were beautiful females ( a puppy mill in Tampa, owned by an Alice Holt was closed down). I had offered to take a couple of Yorkies, but they had already got foster homes, and a friend talked me into helping by taking a couple of dachsies. When I went to pick up the two I had agreed to foster, there as another one there who begged me to bring her home with me too. She had a club foot - not that she realized it herself! So, I brought three of themGing home. Ginger, with the club foot I said I would keep forever.Nutmeg and Cinnamon were the other two. They both had heartworms when I got them. The vet was able to treat Nutmeg for them, but Cinnamon was too sick. Over $600 vet bill later Cinnamon went to Rainbow Bridge. I ended up with Nutmeg and Ginger for the next 10 years. just couldn't part with my "Spice Girls" The vet figured Nutmeg was 17 or 18 years old when she passed, and Ginger a year maybe 2 younger. Quite a good age for puppy mill dogs, and the health problems they had. I had some other rescues on and off while I had Ginger and Nutmeg, and they were all seniors so I kept them until they passed away. And after Ginger passed, I decided I needed to get another Yorkie - my first love. We already had Lil Bit, but she is my husband's baby. And so, I got Beamer.

Sorry for the rambling
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!