View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default Water Play and Dangers

Got home from the Kelso a park with a great lake in it. Beautifull day, perfect temps, lots of folks as there usually are.

We met some fine young folks, who had one Goldendoodle and one Farm dog of a good size, he was a cross breed of various mixes.

This farm dog as conversation ensued herds the cattle, has a very gentle mouth according to his owner.

He got really focussed on Magic for some rreason. Also the cross breed didn't really like the water, and my boy is just nutso over the water and fetch and retrieve.

This dog is not small nor is Magic - he's 30 inches at the shoulders, and this dog was almost as tall although not as heavy. Well the cross breed kept nipping at Magic (who would ignore a hurricane for his toy), I never thought too much of it, and was so happy to see, that finally the crossbreed went in swimming (after Magic of course). We all clapped and were happy.

We got home a bit ago - I went to hang up his life vest to dry, and there were teeth marks quite a ways through the vest.

When we were playing in the water, I did twice after some rough body checks when Magic was jumping for his toy, look at and check his rear end, but I didn't notice the life vest.

I guess I'd have to say that cross breed didn't have too gentle a mouth after all.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!