Thread: Undershot Jaw
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evab View Post
My 7 month Kiki has a severly undershot jaw, my vet did not notice when she went for her innoculations and puppy check, (I did), but as I'm no expert I didn't take her back to vet until I took her on friday to discuss her baby teeth and spaying, he didn't say much, other then she was a very healthy little girl 4.4lbs and it shouldn't be a prob in the future. Any advice would be appreciated, what should I look out for as she gets older, is it bad breeding, hereditary? Could I have done anything to help it not be quite so bad. She eats well kibbles and home cooked, so no probs there yet. Thanks
My beautiful cocker Tessa had an very bad underbite - I thought it made her look beautiful - she had a very dainty face for a cocker -

this was many years ago before I knew about facilities that I now consider small scale mills - the place was horrible ! Dogs barking - the odor - and all the poor puppies in cages. I was horrified that my husband had already got 2dogs from them .....I'd never in my life been in a place like that.

When we were there, I took to her right away but my husband noticed the bite - When they told us she'd probably be put down because many people won't buy a dog with a bad bite my mind was made up and she was MINE. I couldn't believe they even said that (

I remember running out of with her and crying ...I stayed in the van holding her and telling her that was NOT happening and I was officially her new mom and she'd never be unwanted - and left my husband to pay.

as a puppy. she had a very hard time eating dry food - so I hand fed her her whole life - she was my first dog ever and the BEST girl.

We took her straight to the vet and he told us it was very severe and yes - people will put dogs to sleep because of such a severe underbite - disgusting !!!

but she had a long happy 15 years with us and I miss her everyday

Here's a few pictures of her way back when I got her and then as she grew to an adult. Excuse all the photos - she was my the best kissing girl ....after I lost my husband 4 months later I lost her.....

edited to add - the THIRD photo is showing what a tiny peanut she was - and me on the moon having her in my life ! Man those were the good old days.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tessa BABY HATpic.jpg (79.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg tongue.jpg (156.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Tessa BABY pic and me.jpg (84.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Tessa BABY pic and me005 001.jpg (73.9 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by red98vett; 07-25-2010 at 07:11 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!