Thread: Undershot Jaw
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
evab
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Jackson has an over-bite. I call him my bucktooth boy, hehe. It's not noticeable unless you are like laying under him looking that way. His top jaw is a bit longer than the bottom. In his case, bad breeding! The vet was the one that noticed, I never did, at his 12 week appt. The only thing I may have to worry about in the future is his bottom canines stick into his top gums a bit and the vet said they could definitely start bothering him and leaving a mark in his top gums. So we may have to shave them down so they're not as sharp. Other than that, he eats perfectly normal, etc. You can kinda see it in this puppy pic...
Photo of Jackson is sooooo cute. Kiki's is quite a bit more undershot, I can run my finger all the way round her top teeth and the top canines do come over her gums. My hubby calls her "ratty", so I call him "fatty" lol. Will have to make sure my new vet and I are on the ball with her teeth from now on! I'd put another pic on when she's asleep to show you, but I'm useless and don't know how, except on my profile page.
Thanks for your input.
evab is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!